CHASE CELEBRATES NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEK WITH THE LAUNCH OF ITS 2015 MISSION MAIN STREET GRANTS® PROGRAM
LinkedIn, a leading platform for small businesses, will host grant recipients and share insights and expertise
New York, May 4, 2015 - Chase is celebrating National Small Business Week with the launch of Mission Main Street Grants®, a program that will award $100,000 grants to 20 U.S. small businesses. In addition, the 20 grant recipients will receive a trip to LinkedIn’s California headquarters to gain insights that will help them grow their businesses.
Today through June 5, any for-profit business in the U.S. with fewer than 100 employees and which meets all other eligibility requirements may apply. Full eligibility requirements are available at www.MissionMainStreetGrants.com/rules.
“Our Mission Main Street Grant recipients have become part of the Chase family,” said Jennifer Piepszak, CEO of Chase Business Banking. “Their energy, spirit, enthusiasm, and business acumen represent the core elements that make small businesses so important to our communities.”
Everyone is invited to show their support for their favorite registered small businesses by voting through their Facebook account at www.MissionMainStreetGrants.com. Businesses must receive at least 250 votes to be considered for a grant. The public voting period will be open through June 19. All applicants will have access to a marketing toolkit with tips to help them expand their LinkedIn network and reach the required 250 votes. Applicants will also be given exclusive access to a LinkedIn webcast focused on leveraging their professional network to grow their business.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, so we’re pleased to join forces with Chase to help this community of professionals achieve their business goals,” said Jennifer Grazel, Director of Global Vertical Marketing, Marketing Solutions at LinkedIn. “As a professional platform, we have unique insights into how SMBs can creatively leverage social media to gain real traction and grow their businesses one follower at a time.”
The 20 grant recipients will be selected by a panel of experts representing a diverse group of organizations with a passion for small business. The panel of judges includes:
- Darla Beggs, National Board Chair, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Rob Busby, President & CEO, U.S. Black Chambers, Inc.
- Nick Cannon, Entertainer, Ncredible
- Tom Collamore, Senior Vice President, Communications and Strategy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Stephanie DeVane, Vice President, Entrepreneurship & Business Development, National Urban League
- Nely Galan, Media Entrepreneur & Founder, The Adelante Movement
- Allen Gutierrez, National Executive Director, The Latino Coalition
- Chance Mitchell, CEO & Co-Founder, National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Marc Nager, Chief Executive Officer, UP Global
- Matthew Pavelek, Vice President of Membership, National Veteran-Owned Business Association
- Andres Peña, Vice President, External Affairs, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Piepszak, CEO, Chase Business Banking
- Penry Price, Vice President of Global Sales, Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn
- J.P. Torres, PR & Communications Director, U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation
- Candace Waterman, Chief of Staff, Certification & Program Operations, Women Business Enterprise National Council
- Joset Wright-Lacy, President, National Minority Supplier Development Council
Mission Main Street Grants® recipients will be announced in September. Follow @ChaseSmallBiz on Twitter for program updates.
About Small Business at Chase
Chase serves four million American small businesses, and was named the nation's No. 1 SBA lender to women- and minority-owned businesses for three consecutive years. In addition to Mission Main Street Grants, Chase is the national presenting sponsor of Startup Weeks and launched Small Business Forward in 2014. Chase has more than 10,000 specially trained bankers working with businesses across the country. Businesses interested in expansion, hiring or working capital should contact Chase Business Banking or visit www.chase.com/business.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: More than 5,500 branches, 18,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.