For questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open positions are located in New York City and Washington, D.C. Please email your application materials to email@example.com.
The JPMorgan Chase Institute is a global think tank dedicated to delivering data-rich analyses and expert insights for the public good. The mission of the JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) Institute is to help decision makers – policymakers, businesses, and nonprofit leaders – appreciate the scale, granularity, diversity, and interconnectedness of the global economic system and use better facts, real-time data, and thoughtful analysis to make smarter decisions to advance global prosperity. Drawing on JPMorgan Chase’s unique proprietary data, expertise, and market access, the Institute develops analyses and insights on the inner workings of the global economy, frames critical problems, and convenes stakeholders and leading thinkers.
In order to best deliver on the Institute’s mission, it is important to have efficient processes and operations in place. This Corporate Responsibility Specialist role is based in Washington, DC, and will support three Research Directors, the Chief of Staff, and the Director of Outreach and Engagement, for administrative support as well as certain operational functions and project support. The role will report formally to the Chief of Staff.
Location: Washington, DC
This position is approximately 50% administrative support and 50% operational and project support, as described below. The role requires excellent organizational skills, discretion, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment, and the ability to escalate serious and unique problems.
Responsibilities include administrative support for three Research Directors, the Chief of Staff and Director of Operations, and the Director of Outreach and Engagement, as well as general team administrative support for DC colleagues. Administrative support includes proactive management of calendars and working effectively with others to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls.
- Meeting Management: Coordination and occasional facilitation, data gathering, document preparation, meeting preparation and agendas for Institute meetings, both internal and external.
- Executive Travel: Support coordination of regional market visits and prepare briefing materials. Includes leveraging primary internal platforms for travel booking and expense management in support of senior leadership team.
Operational Support Responsibilities:
- Institute mailbox management: respond to or redirect inbound communications as appropriate; manage Institute calendar account, including conference room reservations; track Institute database and email updates, subscriptions, and removals. Responses and tracking are all performed timely.
- Institute expense and contract management: liaise with internal partners and systems to successfully execute vendor invoices and contracts, create and support appropriate controls and approvals. Develop expertise in Institute policies and protocols.
- Communication, tracking, and records managements for the Institute: organize and maintain stakeholder communications collateral, SharePoint site refreshes, vacation tracker, external communications and outside speaking engagements, training materials, operating procedures, and semi-annual shared drive access administration.
- Onboarding/Offboarding: coordinate the onboarding, tracking, and offboarding of Institute employees, including training and systems access.
- Operations support for: Institute events and programming, both internal and external; Institute suite maintenance, including supplies management, security and compliance protocols, and liaison with building management; seasonal document gathering and management for controls and audit processes; other projects as assigned.
- Work closely with Chief of Staff to ensure the Institute operates smoothly.
- Ad hoc responsibilities as assigned.
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- PowerPoint- and Excel-savvy – must be able to complete updates for team presentations.
- Willing and able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met and that adequate administrative coverage is provided to the group.
- Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and demonstrating good problem-solving skills.
- Maintain familiarity with all policy and technology updates.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Minimum 3-5 years of administrative experience. College degree preferred. Operations and project experience a plus.
- Proven PC skills, highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the following systems is a plus: EURC, Concur, ePurchase, and Travel Express.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for Institute mission a must.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
The JPMorgan Chase Institute is a global think tank dedicated to delivering data-rich analyses and expert insights for the public good. The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Institute is to help decision makers – policymakers, businesses, and nonprofit leaders – appreciate the scale, granularity, diversity, and interconnectedness of the global economic system and use better facts, real-time data and thoughtful analysis to make smarter decisions to advance global prosperity. Drawing on JPMorgan Chase’s unique proprietary data, expertise, and market access, the Institute develops analyses and insights on the inner workings of the global economy, frames critical problems, and convenes stakeholders and leading thinkers.
The JPMorgan Chase Institute seeks a Business Researcher who will bring the best of quantitative social sciences to lead and conduct original research on small business topics using proprietary big data within JPMorgan Chase. The Business Researcher will lead efforts to scope and execute new and existing research projects, manage a small team of research professionals, and help build the Institute as an organization.
- Scope and execute new and existing research projects based on available data and areas of interest; develop workplans and manage to deadlines
- Manage a small team of research professionals
- Lead and support efforts to strengthen the Institute as an organization, including developing and refining protocols, establishing strategic partnerships, and developing the team
- Conduct original data analysis using anonymized records from individuals and businesses within different lines of business
- Conduct market research and literature reviews to contextualize research within existing knowledge and benchmarks
- Lead weekly problem solving sessions on various research efforts
- Draft and review written research reports and other outputs
- Prepare and lead presentations to top executives in the firm as well as other research organizations and thought leaders
- Lead efforts to build the JPMorgan Chase data asset, including scoping new data requests, reviewing data request requirements, and user testing to validate data
- Adhere to, reinforce and strengthen data privacy and management protocols
- Candidates with quantitative social sciences research experience are strongly preferred, especially those with experience in R, Stata, Python or SQL
- Strong background in econometrics
- Experience working with big data (e.g. 1,000,000 data points and more)
- Demonstrated strong understanding of small business finances is a plus
- Strong writing and oral communications skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a high-performance, professional environment, with quick turn- around and changing priorities;
- Ability to build relationships with subject matter experts across the firm, in order to access, analyze different datasets and validate findings;
- Strong project management skills
- Team Player and Flexibility
- Master’s degree, PhD, or 5+ years of related job experience preferred
- Current resume, including most recent standardized test scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT, SAT)
- Cover letter
- Statistical coding sample (R, Python, SAS, Matlab, Stata, or similar language)
- Writing sample (e.g., recent article, working paper, or class paper) that demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities
- Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
This material is a product of JPMorgan Chase Institute (“JPMCI”) and is provided to you solely for general information purposes. Unless otherwise specifically stated, any views or opinions expressed herein are solely those of the authors listed, and may differ from the views and opinions expressed by JPMS’s Research Department or other departments or divisions of JPMorgan Chase & Co. or its affiliates. This material is not a product of the Research Department of J.P. Morgan Securities LLC (“JPMS”). Information has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable but JPMorgan Chase & Co. or its affiliates and/or subsidiaries (collectively J.P. Morgan) do not warrant its completeness or accuracy. Opinions and estimates constitute our judgment as of the date of this material and are subject to change without notice. The data relied on for this report are based on past transactions and may not be indicative of future results. The opinion herein should not be construed as an individual recommendation for any particular client and are not intended as recommendations of particular securities, financial instruments or strategies for a particular client. This material does not constitute a solicitation or offer in any jurisdiction where such a solicitation is unlawful.
Copyright 2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved. This publication or any portion hereof may not be reprinted, sold or redistributed without the written consent of J.P. Morgan.